Day 2 – Southern Ocean
Bled twice within the first 2 hours of race start – smooching a hank that was headed to my face at 15mph and then smashing my knee down on a rivet. I’m fine and happily only bruising since then.
- Phosphorescence on the wake on the first night was gorgeous but not quite enough to keep my weary eyes from wanting to close.
- A close second has been the moon sparkling on the waves at twilight. Stunning.
- Not been enough clear skies and low moon for stars but it’s coming!
- Got my first soaking last night trying to get the Yankee down in 30knts of wind. Felt like a superstar after.
- Weird sensation to be soaking from sea water on top and slightly damp on the inside from sweat. Yeesh.
- Been pretty warm and mild so far. Swell building today. We’re in the Mallory summat and it’s had the biggest waves ever recorded. 100m….no typo! Happily not that hardcore today.
Love to all
Posted on November 02, 2017 by Shona Davies
How I can help...
Tousled food truck polaroid, salvia bespoke small batch Pinterest Marfa. Fingerstache authentic craft beer, food truck Banksy.
Consultancy and training to implement and integrate digital health products and services within the UK.
Making a tangible and positive difference to people’s lives by speaking, consultancy, and training in mental health.
A published author capable of copywriting and editing for magazines, newspapers, white papers, novels and more!
Get in touch
Whatever your need, I’d love to hear from you! Let me know how I can help.